New - Pre diagnosis

jolo71

hi, I’m new to this and need some advice... I recently had health test at work that indicated blood sugar 17 so told to go to GP.
First visit - not very helpful or sympathetic nurse practitioner who gave no info support just sent for blood test.
Called for blood results - incompetent receptionist said - ‘oh yes results are high ,it’s pribaby due to you change in diabetes medication.... well this sent me into spiralling panic as I have not had a diagnosis yet!!!!
When I regained my calm she sent me for 2nd blood test and promised GP telephone call fo tomorrow.
My head is spinning and I am panicking and feeling very stressed about the whole situation - any advice?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Tagging @daisy1 for the info pack offered to all newcomers.

It is not much help but you must just wait for the result of the second blood draw as this confirms/refutes diagnosis. If the diagnosis is confirmed you should be given an appointment to see a nurse or your GP. Then you will know how things stand. Please ask the actual results (do not be satisfied with 'It's high') and if you can view your results online you can post them here for advice and guidance. If you have not signed up to view your online records then you can request a print out of test results at your surgery.

Have a wander around the forum and ask as many questions as you like. Try not to worry, you've come to the right place for support. Best wishes.

Reactions: Prem51 and jolo71

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, @jolo71 , another welcome to the forum!
Well, that was a particular nasty way to receive a diagnosis, provided your second test will say the same.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the GP telephone call going a lot better tomorrow.

I agree with everything @Guzzler said, read up, try not to panic, have a good look at daisy's information and write down questions you want to ask your GP or us.
And go out and enjoy the weather or something like that before all the information starts spinning in your head. If you do have diabetes you'll have plenty of time to learn, no need to try taking it all in in a day!

Good luck!

Last edited:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Thank you for kind your replies, I will try and make sense of a few things to understand what ever they say tomorrow.
Hi @jolo71 ,

welcome to the forums - if daisy1 is not arround then you can get to information by clicking on the links in any moderator's signature.

Good luck and come back and see us after you've spoken to the quack.

Reactions: Prem51