New Support Group

mercury

The first meeting of cumnock area diabetes support will be held on Wed 14th November at Cumnock Town Hall starting at 19.30Hrs. It would be nice if anyone from this forum who lives in the area or nearby could come along. If you do please come and say hello to me, I will be the rather panic stricken looking one. If all goes well will be holding firther meetings on the second Wednesday of each month. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated

C

catherinecherub

Hi Mercury,

I do not live in your area but would like to say that I hope all goes well for you. It is a good thing that you are doing as it will help others. :thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
mercury said:
Your thoughts on this would be appreciated

I think it's a great idea Mercury. Why not advertise your meeting in your local gp surgery's and your hospital diabetes clinic, more often than enough they'll be happy to help.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Where I live , our local support group has been given permission to advertise in the
hospitals eye and feet clinics too.
Also local supermarket notice boards .
You can get some great deals on flyers/leaflets and posters to use.
Some extra ideas there for you to consider :idea:
Anna.

mercury

Went to the Glasgow office yesterday to discuss the speaker for the first meeting. Was warmly welcomed by Honor Shaw who has also agreed to be my first speaker on the subject of Diabetes UK. Roll on 14th november.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Looks like all is going well Mercury, not long now :thumbup:

mercury

Had a reply from councillor kathy Morrice, (Spokesperson for Community Wellbeing) East Ayrshire Council, accepting my invitation to my first meeting on Nov 14th.