1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New T2. What Low Carb Diet Book To Get

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Bobbs, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Bobbs

Bobbs · Member

Hi
    I’m newly diagnosed and not surprised having most of my maternal side for 3 generations all T2 diabetics. Sadly I’ve piled on weight the last 18 months due to immobility and chronic pain. Developed hypertension needing medications and after going to my GP today with tiredness, constant weeing and being thirsty. Surprise surprise she said well I think you are diabetic don’t you.

Now since coming back after having bloods etc done I’ve decided to low carb as for me it will be the most palatable and my husband needs to looke weight too as it’s in the post with him.

I’m a cookery book addict and adore Middle East food
    Can anyone recommend good cookery books for low carb

I know there are great recipes on here but sometimes I need a book.

I expect I’ll be here a lot

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Expert

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bobbs

Bobbs · Member

Bulkbiker
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply. I’m really anxious to avoid metformin at all costs. Irrational I know but having watched the decline and deterioration of my mum on metformin I’d rather not use it as I tend to be ultra sensitive to drug reactions.

4. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have a few low carb cook books. They do have some meals that contain too many carbs for me.

The low carb Diabetes Solution Cookbook by Dana Carpenter. No pictures.

The low carb gourmet by Karen Barnaby.

Check to see if you can get them on eBay.

5. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How did you find out about low carb diets?

6. Bobbs

Bobbs · Member

Thanks lots Xfieldoc, I’ll have a look. I’m tending to buy the used books from Amazon now instead of brand new books. Not being able to work now makes you tighten your belt somewhat

Hi ring I
    Quite easily, my husband did Atkins way back when it came out but as I was a trim 7.10 Stones then instead of the 12 st 4 that I am now I didn’t pay a lot of attention.
    Plus, I’ve spend the whole day since coming back from the GP reading. I’m not bad at that reading stuff

7. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Expert

I know what you mean.. I took it for a short time but had a very bad reaction.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook