New T2D diagnosis.

Beastie_boy82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, sorry to hear this.

I am newly diagnosed too.
I was lost, then looked up places like Diabetes.co.uk ect.
I also downloaded a book called the diabetes code, it was amazing and changed my perspective.
I also bought a few diabetic cook books. I followed the diabetic codes plan and exercised too. But you dont have to start hard walking is great to start of with. If you want some thing a bit more active get a couch to 5k app. My bloods went from reading of 18 - down to 4.5 - 6 within a matter of 10 days.
The other thing I did was, I used a food diary and wrote everything down. As it is amazing how the brain lies to you about what you have eaten.

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I was finally diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, with my HBA1C being 95.

I've been monitoring my bloods for a month, and my lowest reading so far has been 13.2.

My highest?

27.6, this morning.

I've been started on metformin and ramipril, as my BP has shot up since my sugars have. Average bp is around 180/107.

I've felt so ill, with headaches, blurred vision, feeling of confusion, lack of balance. I've had to go to hospital twice in the last week with HHNK.

The thing is, even though I've drastically changed my diet in accordance with recommendations, my levels have not improved.

We have no family history of diabetes. One of the A&E docs is concerned about liver swelling and tenderness, so I'm now waiting for further tests on that.

Is it such a rollercoaster for everyone?

I must add that physical activities such as walking or dancing, or exercising (at least 5 days a week), along with a low-carb diet will really bring it down fast.

I've ignored the recommended diet (30 grams of carbs for snacks, 40-60 grams of carbs for main meals).
It's the low-carb diet that I find really works for me - starting with 20 grams of carbs a day!

Last edited: