New therapies?

KH1

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Has anybody seen the Clemson University breakthrough on reversing hardening of the arteries in Chronic Kidney Disease? CKD occurs in a lot diabetes patients and so does hardening of the arteries. It's a major cause of mortality and quality of life issues, so reversing it is a breakthrough for everybody.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I realise that you may not be allowed to post a link being a new member but if you could indicate where this news might be it would interest many I'm sure.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
There are a lot of Youtube videos and I did see one where they had a before and after scan of the whole body. It seemed to show reversal of calcium build up in organs but reversal of hardening of the arteries was more difficult to see from the scans. I will have a look when I get a chance. I'm undergoing several medical checks at the moment and a little pre occupied. MRI and CT scans done, just some camera work and biopsies to do.

KH1

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Everybody, Yes the link posted by Guzzler is correct, thankyou! Calcification is the leading cause of adverse events in CKD, and affects many with diabetes. Seems to be the first peer-reviewed evidence of reversing calcification and it's published in a highly ranked Nature journal. Earlier publications by the same group at Clemson show reversal of aortic aneurysms, so this is no fluke. Seems to be great news and I'm wondering why we aren't hearing more about this?

Reactions: Guzzler