New to forum

Kaniala87

Hi I'm new to using a forum. My daughter Kina is 12 years old, diagnosed at 9 with type 1, Kina is on carb counting. Since last August Kina has suffered 6 critical DKA, a hypoglycaemic seizure, and 2 hypo's where she became unresponsive. No matter what both myself and the diabetic team does Kina has never been stable, we have changed ratios and background insulin but still not stable. Has any other parents experienced the same issues? Just nice to talk to people who understand the situation x

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Kaniala87 it sounds very hard. Is Kina on a pump and does she have cgm? How often are you testing if not? Are there any similarities when she had seizures etc ie. Was she unwell/exercise? Assume you administered glycogen injection?

I've been type1 since I was 2 and my 2yr old is type1 too. We are both pumping. Was in hospital with her last week after she had a seizure x

Gwelda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My daughter is 10 and 6 weeks ago diagnosed. Since we lower her carbs intake, there was a mayor change. Try to give her more protein and fat. Look for low carb recipes.
Also think about Freestyle Libre. My daughter is very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum