New to Forum

NJC3107

Hi. Just a quick question. I am being monitored for pre diabetes and have been using a Dario smart meter to monitor my blood sugars.
Does anyone know if out of date testing strips deteriorate significantly affecting blood sugar readings?
I’m asking as whilst this pandemic has been in place I have been seeing elevated readings especially first thing in the morning.
I’m due to have an HB A1C in a weeks time, so I will no for sure then if things have deteriorated, as due to COVID my last test was postponed.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of date strips can certainly be inaccurate. How out of date are you talking?

A number of folks on here have seen elevated readings during lockdown. Whether that is due to eating more/differently/stress or some other reason isn’t clear. Good move to have an HbA1c.

Reactions: NJC3107

NJC3107

Out of date strips can certainly be inaccurate. How out of date are you talking?

A number of folks on here have seen elevated readings during lockdown. Whether that is due to eating more/differently/stress or some other reason isn’t clear. Good move to have an HbA1c.

Strips dated: 10/2019. Being a bit of a sceptic regarding use by dates, as this is obviously an area where Dario make money (The disposables being quite expensive) I thought the strips were probably OK....