New to forum

nesquick

Hi there! I'm a type 1 diabetic,I was diagnosed when I was 2 I'm now 40.im new to the forum so please bear with me me as I'm a little slow but I know as I go along I will get better.over the years I have had my share of problems like any other diabetic,I try not to let that get me down but at times I find comfort in a bar of chocolate :? I then compensate by being really good and try to eat as healthily as I can.the last 3yrs have been difficult for me because of severe depression,for which I take 150mg of sertraline.apart from that I take novo rapid 3 times a day & lantus glargine at night.before my medical problems I was working as a care assistant which I really enjoyed :D most of my day is now spent reading which I love especially the author jodi picoult & Danielle Steele :thumbup: I hope to hear from anyone who can befriend me,advise me,make me laugh,& generally be there for the good & bad times :!: so if you feel that you would like to email me please do so as I'm anxiously awaiting your replies.bye for now :wave:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Nesquick and welcome to the forum :) I hope you will be able to make many friends here. If you need any advice, just ask as someone usually will be able to help. Have a nice day.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi nesquick, I hope as your name suggests you don't overindulge in the stuff lol don't think its a good drink for diabtetics.
Anyway welcome.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum :)

nesquick

Thank you to those 3 members who welcomed me to the diabetes forum,it was really great to hear from you all.the last few days haven't been too good for me due to my neuropathic pains,I get pain in my back,hips,legs & feet I'm on 6 different types of painkillers just to help me through the day & night.are there any other diabetics out there who suffer from severe neuropathic pains? I would really like to hear from you.in my introductionary statement I mentioned that I also have other diabetic complications & also non diabetic medical problems so I would generally like to hear from anybody who suffers from non diabetic problems as well.so if there's anybody out there who wishes to write back I will be waiting patiently.take care,bye for now x. P.s I don't drink nesquick it was my brother who gave me this name when he was sorting out my details as I'm not very gadget savvy yet!!

pickle76

Hi Nesquick,

Just wanted to say it may be worth posting in some other forums here too. There's one for medication discussions, and another for chatting about complications. Sorry to hear you've been having a lot of pain this last few days. Hope the weekend is better for you x