New to Freestyle Libre

CathyWeeks

Hi,

I have a medtronic pump and sensor as lost hypo awareness. Recently broke my humerus so only got one available arm - DSN has given me short term loan of a Libre.

However, she mentioned that patients have claimed they are not very accurate which is incredibly disappointing.

So I am wondering if fellow users have a regime of still testing blood glucose via a meter and if so how many time a day? On the medtronic pump you have to calibrate at least twice a day but the reason for the Libre is to avoid manual testing s my broken arm is strapped to my body.

Thanks.

CathyWeeks

@helensaramay Hi. thank you for the information - much appreciated. Interesting re the activation I will tell my DSN - she had to insert it for me and activated it immediately. I am chair bound so exercise/sleep in bed not relevant for me. I will get that app on my phone.

I had heard good things re Libre so was very excited to be given one however it seems to have similar issues to my medtronic sensor so not the answer I was hoping for permanently. It will be great for the next few weeks though - not sleeping well so enjoyed checking my glucose easily in the night!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get lots of 3s and once a 2.6. A finger prick test generally give a reading in the 4s so I have learned not to panic.

Reactions: ChrissiStar

ChrissiStar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get lots of 3’s and crackers low readings from mine too, just back them up with a finger test and you’re good to go. I slept on my sensor all night last night and according to my graph this morning I was under 3 all night! :confused: Quick finger test told me I was actually 5.6.