New to insulin, nervous about endocrinologist

rockeerox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I was diagnosed with type 2 two years ago january, nothing seems to be working. Meds will work for about six months and then stop. After an er visit for blood sugars up to 600 and getting some insulin. I finally got into my drs and have been switched to insulin. I'm nervous. I'm afraid something is wrong and I'm being sent to an endocrinologist in january. Anyone ever see one and find out that they had LADA instead? I only ask because I was diagnosed after losing 170 pounds and so far doctors seem to be stumped.

D

Deleted Account

Unfortunately, finding out you have been misdiagnosed with the wrong type of diabetes is more common than it should be: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42179359

As someone with t1, I would say it is not that bad - I quickly got used to injecting and lead a pretty full life.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @rockeerox
welcome to the forum

in my opinion it is good news you have an endo appointment -- they are the experts in all things diabetic.
have faith he/she will get you on the right path

fab work on losing the weight -- that will certainly help in determining a direction for you.

just try to keep calm and look forward to your next appointment -- the time will pass quicker than you think !!

Reactions: ickihun

rockeerox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys! So far diet, exercise, and pills havent fixed it! Heres to hoping