New to pump therapy.

JemH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve been on the Omnipod Dash for just over 3 months now and while it seemed relatively easy, as times moved on I’m starting to get issues with pump fails.
These failures have been I think me knocking them off which is obvious (does anyone know how I can mitigate this? Patches??)
Other failures have been where my blood sugars have just gone up & up no matter how much insulin I give. I check with a meter as well as my Libre 3 before making a change. Other fails seem to be where the canal pulls out.
Anyone have the same issues & advice would be appreciated please.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve been on the Omnipod Dash for just over 3 months now and while it seemed relatively easy, as times moved on I’m starting to get issues with pump fails.
These failures have been I think me knocking them off which is obvious (does anyone know how I can mitigate this? Patches??)
Other failures have been where my blood sugars have just gone up & up no matter how much insulin I give. I check with a meter as well as my Libre 3 before making a change. Other fails seem to be where the canal pulls out.
Anyone have the same issues & advice would be appreciated please.
Hi JemH

I am an Omnipod Dash user, approx 2 years. You are right it is so easy to use. I now use patches to keep the pod securely in place. I have tried various, for me the Omnipod pals work best and are the easiest to put on.

As for blood sugars rising, like you I verify the readings with a finger prick. I now use dexcom one. It can take high readings to come down following corrections. I used to find that when correcting with pens as well. Not sure what the solution is for this.

As for the cannula falling out maybe some form of patches would help here. I have not experienced this. I started using patches due to red lumps and redness around the cannula site. This was thought to be due to be due to movement of the pod. Patches are helping here

Hope this helps

JemH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for your reply. I’m due to speak with my diabetic nurse next week so will discuss these issues with her but the patches sound like they might help.
Thanks again.