New to pumps, minimed advice needed!

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm starting my journey with the minimed 640g pump (only Roche and Medtronic are available in Hungary, so I went with Medtronic). I'm currently at the phase where I need to choose between the Quickset infusion set and the Silhouette infusion set.
The Quickset shows through my clothes more as its less flat than the Silhoutte. Inserting is much less scary with the Quickset, its only a 6mm needle, for the Silhouette its 17mm and theres a much bigger inserting tool.
I have a feeling that with the Silhouette I ll be having problems inserting, because its size and my fear of hurting myself with it. The two reasons why I prefer the Silhouette though are
-its more flat and "invisible" through cloth
-because its a bigger needle, it might deliver insulin better and maintain my BS better.
Im only scared that I'll quickly feel sensitive to the Silhouette one and be scared to insert.

Both needles are currently put on me since around 5 hours ago to test how I can handle them (no pump attached to neither of them yet). So far no pain, no discomfort on either side.

I'd like to get some advices if anyone used them before and had any issues, please.

Hope everyone's having a nice day. Thanks in advance X