1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New to pumps, minimed advice needed!

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by miszu, Oct 10, 2019.

1. miszu

miszu Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm starting my journey with the minimed 640g pump (only Roche and Medtronic are available in Hungary, so I went with Medtronic). I'm currently at the phase where I need to choose between the Quickset infusion set and the Silhouette infusion set.
    The Quickset shows through my clothes more as its less flat than the Silhoutte. Inserting is much less scary with the Quickset, its only a 6mm needle, for the Silhouette its 17mm and theres a much bigger inserting tool.
    I have a feeling that with the Silhouette I ll be having problems inserting, because its size and my fear of hurting myself with it. The two reasons why I prefer the Silhouette though are
    -its more flat and "invisible" through cloth
    -because its a bigger needle, it might deliver insulin better and maintain my BS better.
    Im only scared that I'll quickly feel sensitive to the Silhouette one and be scared to insert.

Both needles are currently put on me since around 5 hours ago to test how I can handle them (no pump attached to neither of them yet). So far no pain, no discomfort on either side.

I'd like to get some advices if anyone used them before and had any issues, please.

Hope everyone's having a nice day. Thanks in advance X

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook