1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New to retinopathy

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by Mszafar, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Mszafar

Mszafar · Member

Hi,

I am recently diagnosed with retinopathy. After oct, ophthalmologist said I hv some fluid leakage and one small blood spot in each eye. He asked me to come back after 3-6 months for check. No treatment required yet as it is at early stage. Gave me drops for dry eyes. My last two hba1c was6.5 and 6.9. Now it has dropped to below 6 due to diet and exercise. There was few blood vessels in both eyes. But now has increased slightly. Is it sign of retinopathy getting worse? Is it possible to reverse it or slow the speed of worsening. Scared from blindness.

2. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

Many many people see reversal with good treatment and good control of sugars .... but I would not be waiting for more than 3 months

3. Mszafar

Mszafar · Member

Since the diagnosis I have kept better control over sugar levels. Now it is between 4.5 to 6 in morning and 2 hrs after meal. Never went below 4.5. Will go for recheck in a week.

4. Mszafar

Mszafar · Member

Worried about increased visible blood vessels in eye. Does it mean it is getting worse?

5. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

What type are you? Where are you? What was your HBA1C? Those figures look very very good

6. Mszafar

Mszafar · Member

Type 2, Canada. Recently moved her and before I was in Asia. Yes but why there is increase in visible vessels in eye, that’s making me worried

7. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

Not necessarily ... but get that appointment out of the way as no-one here could advise you with any authority.

8. Mszafar

Mszafar · Member

Last two HBA1c was 6.9 and before that 6.5. Now it has reduced too

9. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

Answered above ....

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook