New to retinopathy

Mszafar

Hi,

I am recently diagnosed with retinopathy. After oct, ophthalmologist said I hv some fluid leakage and one small blood spot in each eye. He asked me to come back after 3-6 months for check. No treatment required yet as it is at early stage. Gave me drops for dry eyes. My last two hba1c was6.5 and 6.9. Now it has dropped to below 6 due to diet and exercise. There was few blood vessels in both eyes. But now has increased slightly. Is it sign of retinopathy getting worse? Is it possible to reverse it or slow the speed of worsening. Scared from blindness.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Many many people see reversal with good treatment and good control of sugars .... but I would not be waiting for more than 3 months

Mszafar

Since the diagnosis I have kept better control over sugar levels. Now it is between 4.5 to 6 in morning and 2 hrs after meal. Never went below 4.5. Will go for recheck in a week.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
What type are you? Where are you? What was your HBA1C? Those figures look very very good

Mszafar

Type 2, Canada. Recently moved her and before I was in Asia. Yes but why there is increase in visible vessels in eye, that’s making me worried

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Worried about increased visible blood vessels in eye. Does it mean it is getting worse?

Not necessarily ... but get that appointment out of the way as no-one here could advise you with any authority.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Type 2, Canada. Recently moved her and before I was in Asia. Yes but why there is increase in visible vessels in eye, that’s making me worried

Answered above ....