new to site, not to diabetes

pangy

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with type 1, 22 years ago when I was about 12 years old.
I have lived with diabetes, injecting multiple times daily until earlier this year when I was EXTREMELY lucky enough to get a pump. (less than 2 per cent of the people in the area where I live have one)
Ive never spoken at length to many people before about my diabetes, but I found loads of good tips on this site, so thought I would join to see if I could part with any of the wisdom (or things you possibly shouldn’t do) I have learned over the past 20 years or so.
I don’t ‘love’ my pump yet as other seem to do, although it has totally changed my life (for the better) lol. I have to say it is harder work to keep on top of it, but its slowly coming together although I still find myself reaching for my long acting jag at around 11pm!
I am the only person in my family ever to be diagnosed, and I don’t actually know anyone else with the condition, so I’m looking forward to chatting with other people who do.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Pangy and welcome to the forum :) There are many members who will look forward to sharing experiences with you and I hope some of your knowledge of diabetes will be helpful to them. In turn, if you have any questions, just ask.

josie38

Hi pangy,

There is loads of stuff on th pump forum and some of the questions you have maybe answered on there. Everyone is very supportive and will try to help if they can.

Have a look around and see what you think x

marti

Welcome aboard i am Martina from Burnaby BC Canada, i am a type 2 diabetic for 6 years and on Lantus insulin twice a day