New to site

Christian Boy

Dislikes
My job, my home.
Hi everyone.

Feeling a little lost here. I was diagnosed in 1999 and haven't really been good at being a diabetic, probably the worst in history. Good to meet you all.:)

Martin.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the site,Martin.Are you type 1 or 2? I'm sure that you will find plenty of info on this forum that can help you with your diabetes.Ask questions,there's always someone with the answer.

Knowledge is the key to control

siddywest

Welcome Martin,

I am also new to this site but have found it brilliant. People really friendly and lots of great advice and new things to find out about. Hopefully it will get you fired up and focused to sorting out your difficulties and feeling more in control and healthy. Look forward to chatting to you again.

Michelle.

im also new been diagnosed for about 3 years and not well controlled. i dont think u can b the worst. it id very difficult i think to become controlled. im never below 13 ish. nice to meet u 2:D

Christian Boy

Dislikes
My job, my home.
I am type 2. I say that I am probably the worst controlled diabetic because I get very down, not just with then diabetes, but with other conditions that I suffer from including - prolapsed disk, sacral nearve damage, inflamitory arthuritus, high blood pressure. Apart from that, I am fine. My youngest son (I have 5 children) has Cystic Fibrosis.

I can go for long periods of time without taking my medication, sometimes for up to 6 months!! My GP is not happy with me (now there is a surprise). I eat the wrong stuff, and am so negative about myself.

Beyong hope???

Martin.

Whitevanman

Hi everyone, Its so good to know your not alone.
I found out i had type 2 last Sepember 07 and decided oh no i`m not letting this get me.
After being told i could test twice a week it soon seemed that i was learning nothing about how to keep controle so bought my own machine, a better one, one which i could transfer the information to computer and in only six months i now know what to eat and when.
Most of what i have learned has come from web sites not the NHS.
The idear of giving the budget to us to use as we want is just great, It`s a shame it will never happen.
Graham.

whitemare

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi Martin.

It does get you down sometimes.
Then I tell myself, the diet & lifestyle is helping me get fitter than I have been for years. Slowly but surely. Perhaps if you tell yourself that you can do this, you can take your meds, stick to the principles of good nutrition & moderate exercise , then you CAN do this!
It's not a life sentence - it's a wake up call telling you to look after yourself.

I've got arthritis & high blood pressure, & I sympathise. It's a ***** sometimes.<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font color="teal"></font id="teal">

Whitemare

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Hi Martin, Welcome to the site. I'm a new user myself, I just joined a few weeks ago. I didn't join for myself, cos I havent got diabetes but my mum was dx 5 years ago and started losing her sight 2 years ago. I said that I would look up some recipes for her as she is virtually blind now and she wants to find out some more info about her cataracts as her GP isn't very helpful. Also, I had a bit of a scare myself when i did a home testing kit and my BG was 8. Luckily, it was just a one-off but it gave me a bit of a wake-up call and now i'm trying to lose a bit of weight. Anyway, sorry for rambling so much but i'm making the most of actually getting near the PC for once (I have an autistic teenager as well). Once again, welcome
Bubsy Malone
:wink: