New To This

HughesC06

Hi there.
Firstly, I know you can't diagnose here. I have booked an appointment with my doctor on Thursday for blood and urine tests. I am 28 years old and i would say slightly overweight and if i am honest my diet isn't great. For the last few weeks i have had to get up once during the night to urinate. Despite this being my only symptom, i am concerned that i may have developed Type 2 diabetes. I do take Citalopram which i started taking in May- I am also wondering if this could be the reason for urinating during the night. I should add that i do not feel like i am urinating any more than usual- just doing it at night which is annoying and completely new to me. Does anyone have any advice on this or if it sounds like it could be diabetes? Thanks very much

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Get the test done if you're worried. Urinating once a night? That's normal

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I do take Citalopram which i started taking in May- I am also wondering if this could be the reason for urinating during the night. I should add that i do not feel like i am urinating any more than usual- just doing it at night which is annoying and completely new to me. Does anyone have any advice on this or if it sounds like it could be diabetes? Thanks very much
Hi @HughesC06 and welcome to the forum. One of the side effects of Citalopram can be increased urination.
But that can be due to other reasons too.
You will only know if you are diabetic after you see your gp and get tested. Good luck for that on Thursday. Let us know how it goes.

HughesC06

Hi guys. I don't have diabetes, just getting a bit older according to the doc. Thanks again for all your responses and all the best in the future.

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's good news. Perhaps you might consider limiting your carbs and sugar intake in the future plus a spot of exercise? It might be a way to a healthy future for you. Best of luck.

Reactions: Prem51