New to this..

amy92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not much
Hi everyone! I have no idea what to do on here. It's just took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to post! Thought I would introduce myself anyway.. I'm Amy! I'm 23 from Newcastle. Been type 1 diabetic for 14 years. Would love to get to know other diabetics. Even better if they were local :)

Reactions: 8 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @amy92 and Welcome to the forum:). If you go to the top on the left side and tap on MENU, then tap on New Posts then scroll down until you come to: Type 1 22 year old Zeeshan123. Hope this is of some interest?:)

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
welcome to the forums @amy92, think there are a few members from Newcastle, I'm from the DarkSide............ Sunderland :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @amy92

Welcome indeed.
Take yer time finding your way about..

Lol I'm from the southwest. Been to Newcastle gigging though & loved it. Gate crashed a party there once expecting to be kicked out? We were made to feel most welcome.! :cool:

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
Hey @amy92 :)

I was just the same when I joined, took me ages to find the "start new thread" post. I am so blonde at times! :banghead:

Anyhoo! Welcomes! I'm 28, been T1 almost 19 years now. I'm on the opposite coast to you - Morecambe :D

Reactions: 2 people

baby_doll_xxx

Hi everyone!!

Ive had this account for ages!! I think this is my first comment lol! So glad someone else is new to here! I dont have a clue to work this lol!! @amy92

Im Natasha, 26 nearly 27! T1 for nearly 20 years :) Im from Northern Ireland! :):)

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @amy92 and @baby_doll_xxx and welcome to the forum! The more you use the forum, the easier it gets. There is a lot of good advice and support on here.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Samwar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all I'm sam I'm new here too only joined last night I've been t 1 for only 3 month's I'm from the south east

Reactions: 4 people

Samwar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have to say I don't fill so alone now as no one in my family understand what I'm going through it is nice to know I do have someone to talk to.

Cha-Lloes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya I only joined last night so this is new I'm TP1 since May, I'm 25 and I'm from South Wales

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello Cha-Lloes :) and Hello Samwar:) - @daisy1 will provide you with some basic information. Have a read and post any questions you may have? Someone will answer. William.

markemark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Howdy, everyone. Just joined an hour ago. Trying to figure out how to navigate this site and such. I am 59 years old, diagnosed in 2003 with type 2. Taking three (3) diabetic medications: Metformin, Tanzeum and Glimepiride. I am from state of Tennessee (USA) and interested in sharing/learning more about your efforts to control your diabetic condition. Have a great day, and I hope to share with you/learn from you soon. Thanks.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello @markemark - Welcome to the Forum. :) @daisy1 will provide you with some basic information. If you go to the top of the page and tap on forums, you will then see all the headings. William.

amym06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone! I'm also an Amy :p I'm 21 and have been diabetic since the age of 7. I'm from Gloucestershire originally but I'm currently in my final year studying at the University of Manchester. I have never known anyone else with diabetes so its great to be able to meet people I can finally relate to! :)

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello @amym06 Welcome to the Forum:) @daisy1 will provide you with some basic information.