New type 2 and man what a change

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello everyone, Its so nice to have a place to go and chat with people that are going through the same thing as I am. I was told back in october that I had diabetes. with a lot of hard work and change to my eating i was able to just stay on the meds and didnt need to be put on insulin. I can say it hasnt been easy as you all know and it would be nice to talk to people what understand the up and downs we all have.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
thank you its nice to find somewhere to be able to talk and ppl get it

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
totally agree :) it keeps you sane

....well if i wasnt already bananas before i got here it would have,

its so hard in normal life, no one understands db or why we do what we do to control it :)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum:)

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
totally agree :) it keeps you sane

....well if i wasnt already bananas before i got here it would have,

its so hard in normal life, no one understands db or why we do what we do to control it :)
You are 100% right. No one understand us and how hard it is to eat right. What bugs me is when u go low and ppl are like tell me what it feels like. Instead of helping me and getting juice

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi, welcome - it's great on here getting both hard information and also sharing experiences with others in similar circumstances to you. I wouldn't be without it.

Rod

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome. I had read the forum before joining and felt very at home. With people you know in everyday life, you get a lot of 'oh yeah Diabetes..so and so has it' and things like that. But if you tell them what it does to you, some just dismiss it. They think that medication takes it away but it doesn't. It's more complex than that. I've got a great friend and good family though and that helps. I appreciate forums like this. The wealth of knowledge and advice goes a long way.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi type2 (good name) welcome to the forum. lots of people here who can help us.
Are you medicated?

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi type2 and welcome to the forum. Yes, diabetes is certainly a life change. Let us know if there's anything we can help with - ask lots of questions if you need to.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi and welcome. I had read the forum before joining and felt very at home. With people you know in everyday life, you get a lot of 'oh yeah Diabetes..so and so has it' and things like that. But if you tell them what it does to you, some just dismiss it. They think that medication takes it away but it doesn't. It's more complex than that. I've got a great friend and good family though and that helps. I appreciate forums like this. The wealth of knowledge and advice goes a long way.
People have said to me, "I know people who used to have diabetes."