New Type 2... maybe?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That would be full fat Greek yoghurt.

If you don't have the time to cook breakfast, Google keto muffins. Knock up a batch and grab one from the fridge on the way out. Some can be frozen.

Reactions: Redrewmac

Redrewmac

I hadn't considered that, I have managed without breakfast before so that might be the route to take (Although I don't drink coffee, just to be awkward!)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I got fully into keto, I had a snack box containing nuts, cheese and olives. It kept me on the straight and narrow. Now I rarely think about food.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah well, just when I think I'm getting the hang of it...:banghead: I can already see I'm going to have to change my lunches at work as well. Breakfast will be the most awkward meal, I don't have a lot of prep time first thing so I'll probably have to fall back on yoghurt...

On the plus side it does show the rather obvious benefits of testing :)

I'm starting to find it quite hard to maintain my weight (for the first time in my life) and I don't really want to lose any more
It’ll come in time.

Breakfast you can make up batches of non grain granola type stuff at the weekend Just a mix of seeds, nuts, coconut . Brown it a bit in a pan (oven or hob but watch it carefully!!) with some coconut oil. Maybe some cinnamon or dark choc chips added. Some use a little safe sweetener if needed. Then mix with full fat Greek yogurt and a couple of berries

muffins as above

scrambled eggs take a min or two in the microwave whilst doing other chores. Add cream, cheese and a splash of mild mustard for luxury

Leftovers. Or cold meats and cheese ps. Doesn’t have to be “breakfast” food

or no breakfast at all

Add fats and proteins to keep you full and maintain weight if that’s an issue.

Of course if it’s type 1 then you’ll have more flexibility with carbs later. Some advocate not going too low carb before c peptide tests as it can lower the insulin produced as a result of less demand for it. I thought it could be balanced with the blood glucose reading and interpreted accordingly so long as they know you are also doing low carb and still be useful. Antibody tests shouldn’t be effected by low carbing though.