New with opinions appreciated

Chris Learner

Hi, really pleased to have been able find a site where diabetics are sharing there thoughts with one another. I have just started a role promoting a product named 'tagatose' here in the uk. It is a natural sugar obtained from lactose with a glycemic index of 2.

I would be very grateful to hear your opinions on tagatose if you are already aware of it. If unaware of tagatose then would also really like to know where a natural sugar like this would have the chance of appealing to yourself if made available. Chris

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I have never noitced it on any food labels or in packs as a sugar alternative. The one that appears to becoming more popular is E955 Sucralose.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I did however find this info from another location I occassionally use.

Tagatose production has been put on hold.
The company, SweetGredients, announced in March 2006 that, “While progress has been made in creating a market for this innovative sweetener, it has not been possible to identify a volume potential justifying continued investments.”

It has closed the tagatose manufacturing facility in Nordstemmen, Germany.

However, it said at that time that the existing stock of tagatose is still available.