John_boy27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Coronation St
Emmerdale.
Hi Guys. I'm a newbie. 73 years old. A1c test 50.. fasting 6.1. next test 1 month. lost 3 st since boxing day. At my age should I be worried Mar 31, 2016. next A1c test 3 weeks time.
By the way. That's my Granddaughter in the photo...Lol.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome,

No, you needn't be worried. You are only just inside the Type 2 range. (HbA1c of 48 and above) and your fasting of 6.1 is better than many on this forum!

Your forthcoming HbA1c will only be to confirm your diagnosis. It is usual to do 2 fairly close together if there are good reasons to doubt the diagnosis, and I suggest your fasting test is a good enough reason. For a diagnosis this needs to be 7 or more. So you are very borderline, Normally, all HbA1c tests are at least 3 months apart as it is a sort of average of the previous 2 to 3 months. If it is within the diabetic range it will be an easy task to reduce it with a little care over your diet. You have been caught early, which is good news..

Well done on losing all that weight. That is brilliant and will be doing you a power of good. :)

I'm glad you explained your avatar, it had me wondering. :happy:

Reactions: 3 people

John_boy27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Coronation St
Emmerdale.
Thanks for your reply bluetit. It is now 3 moths since my last A1c test maybe I confused you. And yes I must change my profile picture it can be a bit misleading. I will let you know the results of my next test. you have been very helpful thank you.. Your BP is great, I've had High BP from my 30s with med it is usually around 130/75 to 110/60. Only 30carbs a day that must be hard.