NEWBIE JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU!!!

mooki

Hi everyone

I am a newbie here and whilst I do not suffer with type 2 diabetes i do have PCOS and am insulin resistant and am at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes so I really need to take charge of this now and control my weight and symptoms with diet. I have been advised to follow a diet adapted for people suffering with type 2 diabetes and stumbled across this website.

I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has posted on this board as it has given me a very good start and lots of advice on low-carbing! I have started this week and whilst I am struggling to adapt to the changes (I am trying to keep relatively low fat whilst low-carbing!) I know that if I need the help that i will find it here!

This is a wondeful site!!!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi mooki.

Not sure if you know of this PCOS site run by Verity, a charitable organisation. Here is the link.
http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/

Hope that your LC with low fat works out, mine did.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi mooki,

What a nice introduction, thanks from all of us!
It's really encouraging to hear of non-diabetics who appreciate the logic of a low carb diet to benefit a whole number of conditions, PCOS being one.
You can be certain of good advice here whenever you need it.

All the best,

fergus

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi mooki
Glad to be of help!
Good luck.
I estimate you'll see the benefits fairly quickly. Don't worry too much about fats. Natural fats as found in wholesome foods are good for you. Also essential so you get your fat solule vitamins.
Hana

gateian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my relatively short space of starting this diet, I've learned that you may actually need to eat more fat. Low carbing basically switches your body from carb fuel source to fat fuel source, through lypolysis.

So don't cut out too much fat and i'd say take it easy with the weight, you don't want to loose too much too quickly. Bodies need time to adjust.