Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, been diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes on new years eve 2019, not how i wanted to greet 2020 but here we are lol.

I was diagnosed with pre diabetes back at the end of 2018 and well i changed my diet for the better but I thought I would be type 2, surprised when i appeared as type 1 DKA, the 5 days in hospital was a nightmare!

Was even more surprised when i found out that fat in certain foods lets me get away with a nice treat now and then

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Razzamuffin and welcome :)

Tons of support here in plentiful supply, so ask away as there's always someone about.

The good thing is you know what you're dealing with and will have the tools to manage it, and will be feeling alot better now. I've found the best way to get my head round it all is to learn as much as I can and ask questions, don't be afraid of asking any question, no matter how trivial, we're all here to help and support you on your way :)

Reactions: Razzamuffin
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello, been diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes on new years eve 2019, not how i wanted to greet 2020 but here we are lol.

I was diagnosed with pre diabetes back at the end of 2018 and well i changed my diet for the better but I thought I would be type 2, surprised when i appeared as type 1 DKA, the 5 days in hospital was a nightmare!

Was even more surprised when i found out that fat in certain foods lets me get away with a nice treat now and then

Hello and a big friendly welcome to the forum, sorry to see you are here, but it will get better and more manageable in time. ps I was admitted to hospital as well.
Take care x

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Welcome @Razzamuffin
As Juicyj has said there is plenty of support on here.....
hmmmmm not too sure about your comment on the fat in certain foods allows you to have treats now and again! The carbs will still raise your BG just a lot slower with fatty food. You will be able to eat what you want in time.....as long as you can count the carbs and inject accordingly.....you will get the hang of it pretty quickly