1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Lrlp, Jun 30, 2022.

1. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

My understanding is that they changed the formula a few years back so they also contain less sugar...

2. Lrlp

Lrlp Type 1 · Member

That would also explain why I need more of it now to bring my sugars up than I used to.

Your dog is cute by the way :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. RoughcutAU

RoughcutAU · Well-Known Member

My Carb Counting eating out is usually pretty good but I sure do make mistakes sometimes. The course actually helped me to be less hard on myself and experiment more. I still like to peruse the menu at home first and try and pick an easy meal to add up - but also “wing it” on occassion.

4. Lrlp

Lrlp Type 1 · Member

I need to learn to be less hard on myself as well.
    The I always go for stuff which involves pasta or potato. The worst things probably (please don't tell me off lol)

What part of the UK are you from? If you don't mind me asking :)

• Like Like x 1
    #24 Lrlp, Jul 2, 2022 at 1:53 AM
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  5. RoughcutAU

RoughcutAU · Well-Known Member

I’m actually an Aussie! I just find this forum so much better and more interactive then the Australian version.

I definitely still love my carbs and usually find carb heavy pasta/potato meals easier to dose for then some meals with hidden carbs. One advantage of T1 eat what you want just dose appropriately.

6. Lrlp

Lrlp Type 1 · Member

Sorry, I just assumed you were in the UK.
    Yes that is true :) I don't have much of a sweet tooth which is good. My dentist loves me and says I have such good teeth haha XD

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook