Newcastle Diet - currently 15 months in

KeithAnd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,
I'd shared my story and progress in the 'newly diagnosed' thread here and a few have said I should share here too. I'll not go into all the detail/background but have shared the link to my story.
Basically, diagnosed just before Christmas 2022 with an HbA1c of 98. Spent a few weeks researching and just before New Year, started the Newcastle Diet. HbA1c was down to 44 by March 2023 and mid 30s by June 2023 and again in March 2024. Weight loss has been 36kg.
Just hoping to stay motivated and stay on track.
Good luck everyone.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
I'd shared my story and progress in the 'newly diagnosed' thread here and a few have said I should share here too. I'll not go into all the detail/background but have shared the link to my story.
Basically, diagnosed just before Christmas 2022 with an HbA1c of 98. Spent a few weeks researching and just before New Year, started the Newcastle Diet. HbA1c was down to 44 by March 2023 and mid 30s by June 2023 and again in March 2024. Weight loss has been 36kg.
Just hoping to stay motivated and stay on track.
Good luck everyone.
I do really applaud your journey and success.
There is much criticism of the ND method, some justified, but I believe the problems with it stem from the false hope people have through not studying the method. The media often suggest that this is a ‘short, sharp shock’ of a few months of hard work on restricted calorie consumption, then sorted for life.
This gives people a false impression of what the method was intended for.
@KeithAnd, you have obviously studied all the fine details, and have put into practice the full method, including the important follow on way of eating, outlined in the literature. This last part is often where people come unstuck.

Thank you for telling your success story. It helps to know that there is not just one way to manage T2, and we all needto find our way through our individual ‘maze’.
Well done!

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I hope you don’t mind if I ask a few sneaky questions.

Had you tried to lose weight before? If so, by what method? Why do you think that didn’t stick, but this did?

Did you continue to lose weight after you finished the 12 week programme?

Have you needed to go back on the shakes at all, or kept your weight stable with real food?

Has it been hard? Is it hard now?