1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Newcastle Diet - End of week 7 - Help!

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by Muzzer, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Muzzer

Muzzer Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I weigh daily too zany, this eek is going the same as last, I.e. I put weight on Mon/Tues then lost a bit Wed....ending up same weight as the previous Sunday.
    Today though I got down to 12st 9.75lbs - Tantalisingly close to my goal weight of 12st 8lbs with just 3 days of the 8 week diet to go....... Place your bets, its anybodies guess at the moment.
    Thanks for the info about you stalling around the same point, that made me feel better

• Like Like x 3
  2. Muzzer

Peerless my friend, thank you so much for your encouraging comments.
    My BG 5.3 this morning and yesterday, which makes me feel happier.

I have a meal booked for Monday night with family.
    There's a fillet steak with my name on it!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fleegle

Fleegle Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Don't get put off - lots of people say things in a way they thought they meant and do not come across.
    I would agree with @Muzzer that if you are new and learning (aren't we all!) then maybe best to ask questions than make statements if you are not sure.

The most important thing is to contribute your personal experience and what you read and enjoy it. Whatever you do - don't turn off...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fleegle

Fleegle Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Keep going @Muzzer
    What shakes are you using? I am using the Tesco ones because they match the macro nutrients of the Optifast ones which I cannot get enough of to complete the course.

They were spiking my BG - then stopped - and am now started to do so again :) Posting regular updates too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Muzzer

Fleegle I am using "Astral Nutrition" Shockwave Fat burner shakes.
    www.astralnutrition.com
    You should get a discount on your first order, if not let me know and I will email them and get you a discount

Average if 100 calories per shake for each 30g serving with water tastes good.
    Contains all vitamins and nutrients. I've been using for 2 days short of 8 weeks.
    I use Vanilla in the mornings, Strawberry for lunch and Chocolate for dinner

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

Your weight gain on the early part of the week then loss in the later part of the week is EXACTLY what happens to me. I can't work out why, either.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook