Newcastle Diet - End of week 7 - Help!

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Muzzer I found my weightloss stalled at the same point when I tried the diet 5-6 years ago. Just keep on doing what you're doing and don't let the scales upset you.

Edit: It could be that you did lose a little this week, then regained it through a little daily fluctuation. I tend to weigh daily for this reason, if I see that the weight is moving at all during the week then I am encouraged, even if the whole week's weigh-in result remains the same.

I weigh daily too zany, this eek is going the same as last, I.e. I put weight on Mon/Tues then lost a bit Wed....ending up same weight as the previous Sunday.
Today though I got down to 12st 9.75lbs - Tantalisingly close to my goal weight of 12st 8lbs with just 3 days of the 8 week diet to go....... Place your bets, its anybodies guess at the moment.
Thanks for the info about you stalling around the same point, that made me feel better

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Don't panic Muzzer, even if you have to do a couple of extra days to get the 15%. But don't get hung up on it as that 15% figure was an average of all those that took part.
Just look at your achievement, a huge amount of weight lost, great BG numbers and you did it on NO medications.
Fantastic job.
Peerless my friend, thank you so much for your encouraging comments.
My BG 5.3 this morning and yesterday, which makes me feel happier.

I have a meal booked for Monday night with family.
There's a fillet steak with my name on it!

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey I'm new to this all I said was I wouldn't eat a low calorie diet because it wouldn't suit me, it wasn't a sweeping statement it was something that wouldn't suit me, so please don't attack me.
Don't get put off - lots of people say things in a way they thought they meant and do not come across.
I would agree with @Muzzer that if you are new and learning (aren't we all!) then maybe best to ask questions than make statements if you are not sure.

The most important thing is to contribute your personal experience and what you read and enjoy it. Whatever you do - don't turn off...

Reactions: Chook

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Peerless my friend, thank you so much for your encouraging comments.
My BG 5.3 this morning and yesterday, which makes me feel happier.

I have a meal booked for Monday night with family.
There's a fillet steak with my name on it!

Keep going @Muzzer
What shakes are you using? I am using the Tesco ones because they match the macro nutrients of the Optifast ones which I cannot get enough of to complete the course.

They were spiking my BG - then stopped - and am now started to do so again :) Posting regular updates too.

Reactions: Chook and hillj757

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Keep going @Muzzer
What shakes are you using? I am using the Tesco ones because they match the macro nutrients of the Optifast ones which I cannot get enough of to complete the course.

They were spiking my BG - then stopped - and am now started to do so again :) Posting regular updates too.
Fleegle I am using "Astral Nutrition" Shockwave Fat burner shakes.
www.astralnutrition.com
You should get a discount on your first order, if not let me know and I will email them and get you a discount

Average if 100 calories per shake for each 30g serving with water tastes good.
Contains all vitamins and nutrients. I've been using for 2 days short of 8 weeks.
I use Vanilla in the mornings, Strawberry for lunch and Chocolate for dinner

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I weigh daily too zany, this eek is going the same as last, I.e. I put weight on Mon/Tues then lost a bit Wed....ending up same weight as the previous Sunday.
Today though I got down to 12st 9.75lbs - Tantalisingly close to my goal weight of 12st 8lbs with just 3 days of the 8 week diet to go....... Place your bets, its anybodies guess at the moment.
Thanks for the info about you stalling around the same point, that made me feel better

Your weight gain on the early part of the week then loss in the later part of the week is EXACTLY what happens to me. I can't work out why, either.