Newcastle Diet Trial

belcats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

has anyone taken part in the trial for Newcastle Diet, they are running a trial in my area which my Doctor is happy with me to take part if i am ok to do so. there are a couple of questions i need answering beforehand though.

In the information for patients is this sentence, can anyone explain what the outlay would be:
  • Patients will need to purchase the counterweight instruction books which will cost £20 to fund a meal replacement programme which equates to approximately £750 per year.
Also the hospital who are doing this trial is 45 mins from my house, how often do i have to go back for monitoring, the trial is for a year, the diet is for 8 weeks.

I am not sure whether i will be accepted yet as i am hoping to have major surgery beforehand and not sure if this will affect anything.

Thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

has anyone taken part in the trial for Newcastle Diet, they are running a trial in my area which my Doctor is happy with me to take part if i am ok to do so. there are a couple of questions i need answering beforehand though.

Thanks

I think you are asking the wrong people.. You should probably contact the people who are running the trial and ask them.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

In the information for patients is this sentence, can anyone explain what the outlay would be:
  • Patients will need to purchase the counterweight instruction books which will cost £20 to fund a meal replacement programme which equates to approximately £750 per year.
Also the hospital who are doing this trial is 45 mins from my house, how often do i have to go back for monitoring, the trial is for a year, the diet is for 8 weeks.

I am not sure whether i will be accepted yet as i am hoping to have major surgery beforehand and not sure if this will affect anything.

Thanks

I think most people on here have gone it alone, or possibly with help from their local GP.
Most use shop bought, supermarket type shakes.

Hopefully if no-one on here can answer, you can get the info from your GP, or hospital.
Post back as to how you get on, and it will be very interesting to see how the program goes.
It's good news that they are rolling the Newcastle Diet out now, it seems an excellent way to tackle type 2 head on.
Good luck with it.