Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Prediabetic
Hba1c 5.1
BMI 27
Sydney , Australia
Hi friends, I want to try Newcastle diet program , currently on low carb diet and doing intermittent fasting with one meal a day loosing weight ,2 kg in last 15 days but it was very tough time for me as I have to starve myself to see any positive result so I want to try Newcastle diet.I have searched the forum to get the info but just wondering can I use anything else instead of optifast meal replacements? Any home made recipe? And can someone can tell me the proportions of carbs fat n proteins for a day ?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
As ND centers on calories per day rather than macros some members use the diet with real food at 800 calories per day maximum. I think the brand of shakes used in the ND research is called Extante (?) so you could try a google on that. Good luck.

Reactions: hazelzac

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As ND centers on calories per day rather than macros some members use the diet with real food at 800 calories per day maximum. I think the brand of shakes used in the ND research is called Extante (?) so you could try a google on that. Good luck.
Thanks Guzzler

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The original ND research used Optifast shakes, but any will do.
Professor Taylor has confirmed that the reason Optifast was used was because of sponsorship.

You could also have a look at the Moseley Blood Sugar Diet, which is 800 cals of real food a day, including recipes. Taylor wrote the foreword to the book (if I remember correctly) so he doesn't have a problem with people altering the 'formula' so long as it works for them.

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The original ND research used Optifast shakes, but any will do.
Professor Taylor has confirmed that the reason Optifast was used was because of sponsorship.

You could also have a look at the Moseley Blood Sugar Diet, which is 800 cals of real food a day, including recipes. Taylor wrote the foreword to the book (if I remember correctly) so he doesn't have a problem with people altering the 'formula' so long as it works for them.
Really appreciate your help, I'll search for it thanks

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
unkindness
Prediabetic
Hba1c 5.1
BMI 27
Sydney , Australia
Hi friends, I want to try Newcastle diet program , currently on low carb diet and doing intermittent fasting with one meal a day loosing weight ,2 kg in last 15 days but it was very tough time for me as I have to starve myself to see any positive result so I want to try Newcastle diet.I have searched the forum to get the info but just wondering can I use anything else instead of optifast meal replacements? Any home made recipe? And can someone can tell me the proportions of carbs fat n proteins for a day ?
You could look up Darren Schmidt on youtube. For a fasting mimicking type diet I think he recommends using 2-3 avocados a day plus green veg powder to make your own shakes to get good nutrition in as few calories as possible. You can buy green veg powder in health shops. The high fat content helps suppress hunger.