Newcastle update. Two weeks done, six weeks to go...

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still feeling very positive and I am determined to stay committed to my plan. Weight loss was just one pound this week which I was surprised about but we will see how I am next Monday.
I had a bit of a hitch on Friday, I had a training event and I took my shake with me but the milk went off in the heat. I am sorry to report that I ate lunch with the others and went for a burger and fries after the event. It turned into a late night but I stuck to sparkling water while the others had cocktails so hopefully I didn't do too much damage.
The great news is that I did over 40,000 steps over the weekend. @GrantGam is right, walking makes you feel good.
I'm not testing before and after every shake but last night I was 7.1 before and 6.9 two hours later so I feel optimistic. Fasting level this morning was 7.7 which is less than fasting level of 9.2 last Monday.
Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will update next Monday.
@heatherruis I hope you are doing well. X

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I'm still feeling very positive and I am determined to stay committed to my plan. Weight loss was just one pound this week which I was surprised about but we will see how I am next Monday.
I had a bit of a hitch on Friday, I had a training event and I took my shake with me but the milk went off in the heat. I am sorry to report that I ate lunch with the others and went for a burger and fries after the event. It turned into a late night but I stuck to sparkling water while the others had cocktails so hopefully I didn't do too much damage.
The great news is that I did over 40,000 steps over the weekend. @GrantGam is right, walking makes you feel good.
I'm not testing before and after every shake but last night I was 7.1 before and 6.9 two hours later so I feel optimistic. Fasting level this morning was 7.7 which is less than fasting level of 9.2 last Monday.
Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will update next Monday.
@heatherruis I hope you are doing well. X
Keep it up, the benefits are worth it.

Reactions: Swiggy

heatherruis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there.....today makes 2 weeks for me and I am doing great! Actually, much better than I thought I would. I am down 12 pounds and my sugar has gone from almost 900 to 146 this morning. I almost caved on Friday when my family was indulging on some yummy pizza but I stayed strong and walked away to eat my kale chips. It was so nice to see the arrow on my glucose monitor point to the green for the first time this week. All it ever did was point to the red and flash HI at me for months.
I am so glad that you hopped right back on the wagon @Swiggy! Stay strong, we can do this!!

Reactions: Salvia and Fleegle

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there.....today makes 2 weeks for me and I am doing great! Actually, much better than I thought I would. I am down 12 pounds and my sugar has gone from almost 900 to 146 this morning. I almost caved on Friday when my family was indulging on some yummy pizza but I stayed strong and walked away to eat my kale chips. It was so nice to see the arrow on my glucose monitor point to the green for the first time this week. All it ever did was point to the red and flash HI at me for months.
I am so glad that you hopped right back on the wagon @Swiggy! Stay strong, we can do this!!
Wow @heatherruis that drop is fantastic. Your weightloss is very impressive too. I'm glad it's going well for you. I love cats lol. X