Newish T2/PCOS in the US

gryphynkit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all,

Dawn here, just diagnosed T2 this January, pretty much told to check once a day at various times and we'll check again in a few months. Put on metformin immediately mainly because of the PCOS insulin resistance. Anyways, random question. Does anyone else go from not hungry to extremely nauseous, sometimes to the point of throwing up, without any kind of what I hear people refer to as hungry in between? It seems to be happening more often as I've been attempting to alter my eating, and almost always in the morning. Last few weeks I've been going with the lower carb higher fat and protein, although my dietician wants me to go between 100-150 instead of under 100, at least to start. I just started a veg delivery box to get more things like avocados into my diet. According to my food tracker the days before I'm getting the nausea aren't major off days, although testing this morning before food or meds I'm at 126 mg/dl (I think that's right at 7 for y'all). I did just get my first jab for Pfizer, but the last time this happened was just prior to it, so I don't think it's related to the vaccine. Most mornings I don't even get hungry until about 10 or 12, and yes, hungry for me presents as slight nausea. This is just more severe, and therefore, I worry. Or I'm just odd, which wouldn't be anything new.