clive Thomson xc
Member
- Messages
- 7
- Type of diabetes
- Type 2
- Treatment type
- Tablets (oral)
Hi what was your Hba1c and also where are you please ?
ok ask you diabetic nurse/Dr if you can have a blood monitor and strips you should not have to pay for any thing on prescription now56 was my HbA1C and I'm in the UK
Yeah I did and they said noiok ask you diabetic nurse/Dr if you can have a blood monitor and strips you shold not have to pay for any thing on prescription now
strange when I started on metformin my nurse gave me one and ordered strips and ringer prick needlesYeah I did and they said no
My GP said no point I'll just buy it I think cos I want to monitorstrange when I started on metformin my nurse gave me one and ordered strips and ringer prick needles
I am type 2 (on insulin now)
It is unusual for a type 2 to be given a meter unless they are on medication that can cause hypos. So you were very lucky to be prescribed one on Metformin alone.strange when I started on metformin my nurse gave me one and ordered strips and ringer prick needles
I am type 2 (on insulin now)
AH I did not know that I was at the stage where I asked to go on Insulin instead of metformin due to its side effectIt is unusual for a type 2 to be given a meter unless they are on medication that can cause hypos. So you were very lucky to be prescribed one on Metformin alone.
What was the side effects you had please ?AH I did not know that I was at the stage where I asked to go on Insulin instead of metformin due to its side effect
putting it politely a very upset stomach, this does not necessarily mean every one gets thatWhat was the side effects you had please ?
I most definitely have this and the bloating I get is ridiculous to the point it's extremely uncomfortable.putting it politely a very upset stomach, this does not necessarily mean every one gets that
Perhaps if it doesn’t settle in a couple of weeks you could ask your GP for the slow release version apparently a lot do better on this.I most definitely have this and the bloating I get is ridiculous to the point it's extremely uncomfortable.
Yes there is a slow releaseversionPerhaps if it doesn’t settle in a couple of weeks you could ask your GP for the slow release version apparently a lot do better on this.
Hi and welcome. I'd strongly suggest having a read-around on this forum, including older threads. It's worth having a look at the "Success Stories" section where you'll see what's worked for various people.Hi
I was diagnosed last week T2 and I'm not really sure what I'm meant to be doing I know I can't get CGM prescribed so I have no clue what my body is doing or how I can help keep levels correct it is a little overwhelming or am I being dramatic
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?