Newly diagnosed and fresh out the hospital

JDawg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys found out I’m type 1 and I’m new to this so any tips n tricks for a student (food and drink etc) would be much appreciated

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It'll get easier. There is an awful lot to learn at first. You will be learning how much insulin you need to take. The most important thing, even for us more experienced type 1's, is to always carry a hypo treatment with you everywhere for easy access. I would also recommend something by the bed. It needs to be a quick hypo treatment like glucose tablets. Sugar, juice, ***** bears type thing usually works too.

I would also push for a CGM. It makes our life a lot easier. Less finger pricking and the ability to see which way your blood sugars are trending 24/7.

Hugs. They might start you out at set doses at first, I would learn to carb count as soon as possible so you can eat what you want to and dose right for it.

JDawg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thank you so much, I was thinking of trying to ask the doctors for one of them soon because like you said it makes things so much easier. The advice is much appreciated