Newly diagnosed , confused and scared

mandedog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you to everyone who responded to my message last week. I appreciate all your comments and encouragement. I have my first appointment at the diabetes clinic this week -only because my GP pushed them- and will definitely have questions about whether I am Type 1 or 2. There is obviously a big difference. I have been doing a lot of reading over the last week although it has not been easy as my vision is still very blurred. I think I have a better handle on things now. My blood sugars are generally between 5 and 8 although I have been under 4 a few times and needed to take dextrose tabs. What I don't understand - and maybe the clinic will explain- is that I am not overweight and have been eating low carb for years. Food wise I am eating more or less that same now as I was before this diagnosis. Although to keep my blood sugar from dropping too low I am finding that I am having to eat slightly more.
This forum is a great resource and I am grateful for this community I already feel part of.

Reactions: Marie 2 and ziggy_w