Newly diagnosed T1 at 55 - Help

Hawkey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot
Hi ,I was diagnosed type one only a few days ago and at 55 it’s a bit of a shock ! I lost three stone in as many months and was drinking and weeing like never before .Im sorry to but in if I’m in the wrong place but I’ve never been on a forum before ,it’s all new to me .Im on metformin 500mg twice a day and an evening injection of abasaglar in the evenings .I feel a lot better ,not thirsty or constantly off to the loo and the metformin hasn’t upset my tummy .The only thing is my sugars are all over the place ! 13 to 21 mostly but sometimes plummeting to LO .Does this happen at first .Ive got the nurse tomorrow so hopefully she will help .Hello by the way .

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ,I was diagnosed type one only a few days ago and at 55 it’s a bit of a shock ! I lost three stone in as many months and was drinking and weeing like never before .Im sorry to but in if I’m in the wrong place but I’ve never been on a forum before ,it’s all new to me .Im on metformin 500mg twice a day and an evening injection of abasaglar in the evenings .I feel a lot better ,not thirsty or constantly off to the loo and the metformin hasn’t upset my tummy .The only thing is my sugars are all over the place ! 13 to 21 mostly but sometimes plummeting to LO .Does this happen at first .Ive got the nurse tomorrow so hopefully she will help .Hello by the way .

@Hawkey I am tagging @DCUKMod to ask if she can move this to a different thread where more Type 1s will see it.

Don't worry, you will soon get used to the forum and how to use it. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hawkey - I'm sure you'd get more responses with a thread of your own. I can move your post to create such a new thread.

If you could just tag me, or any other Mod, by typing the @ symbol, directly before my name, that'll do it.