Newly diagnosed-T1

Beth1805

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes almost 2 weeks ago. It came on all of a sudden when I thought I had a cold and it seemed to get worse and I ended up being rushed into hospital after collapsing at home. I was treated for ketoacidosis in critical care for almost a week. I've been home for almost a week now and I'm starting to get used to taking insulin and testing my bloods.

I take Levemir twice a day-once in the morning and again before bed- and novorapid before meals.

I generally feel okay about it all though there are times I feel overwhelmed and a little low about it-especially considering it's almost Christmas.

Reactions: thomasrichmond_16

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey, I was diagnosed in September. It's a big shock to take in a big new thing like this. But you will be fine! When I was diagnosed I had no clue what would happen. But honestly 3 months later I'm used to it. It just becomes daily life:)

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes almost 2 weeks ago. It came on all of a sudden when I thought I had a cold and it seemed to get worse and I ended up being rushed into hospital after collapsing at home. I was treated for ketoacidosis in critical care for almost a week. I've been home for almost a week now and I'm starting to get used to taking insulin and testing my bloods.

I take Levemir twice a day-once in the morning and again before bed- and novorapid before meals.

I generally feel okay about it all though there are times I feel overwhelmed and a little low about it-especially considering it's almost Christmas.
Hey, I was diagnosed in September. It's a big shock to take in a big new thing like this. But you will be fine! When I was diagnosed I had no clue what would happen. But honestly 3 months later I'm used to it. It just becomes daily life:)

Reactions: Beth1805

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Beth1805, do not worry so much. I was diagnosis two months ago and now i able to handle the disease like a champ (well not that well but getting there). Being a T1 is hard-work but the paid-out is well worth it in the end.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning
Type 1 on levimir and novorapid here same as you.....
I've had it 43 years so am living proof you will be fine and dandy.
Diet, exercise (I don't mean the gym) and insulin is the basic equation and theres sooo much help available on here.

Christmas is actually easier than you think just eat what you want and take the required insulin to match and as you have a bit more time on your hands you can play around and experiment and do extra blood tests without the hassle of work.

This is just my humble opinion of course and it works for me and I do still experiment even though I'm an old hack at it.

If theres anything I can help you with then please do ask.

Wishing you all the very best

Tony

Reactions: Beth1805