Newly diagnosed

ciara26

Hey,

I was diagnosed with type 1 three weeks ago. I went to the doctor thinking i had a kidney infection. I got a big shock being rushed into hospital! My sugar level was 23 and +3 ketones! After nearly a week in hospital they came down a bit but there still between 12 and 16. Im on tiny doses of insulin. I'm on Novarapid and leveamir. I was on lanctus but it wasn't working for me! I'm slowly getting used to the diet which is hard for me as im a picky eater and eat small meals. It will take time to get used to it.
I had a bad hyper the other night, lasted for a good hour. A very weird feeling.

Anyone advice i could do wit?!

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello Ciara and welcome to the forum. :)

Hope you are feeling much better. There is a mine of information on the forum and usually someone here to answer any questions you may have so ask away. 8)

Aubergenie

Dislikes
Weetabix, Twilight, Katherine Jenkins,
Hi Ciara!

I remember being newly diagnosed, and I remember how scary it seemed at the beginning. You'll soon find an eating pattern that works for you. I'm relatively new here too, but they seem like a friendly bunch :)

ciara26

Thanks guys!!

Im finding this site great. Im fom ireland and trhe irish diabetic website has nothing like this. I have loads of questions that need answering!!