Newly diagnosed

Hlb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to whoever reads this. I'm a 27 year old mother to the most fantastic girly living in Scotland. I was hospitalised at the start of the with severe dka and diagnosed as type 1. I'm struggling to come to terms with the prospect of it all combined with a series of unfortunate events I'm feeling pretty ****** about it all. I really have no one to turn to for support any family are kind of 'just snap out of it' people. I can't help but keep on thinking why me?! How do I manage to do this for the rest of my life.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Hi Hlb, I'll just say Hi from down under. It's day time here at least. No doubt other type 1'ers will be along to assist you. I'm type 2 so our management plans will be quite different. I would just like to say that like myself when I was first given the news it felt despairing. Don't worry too much, the rocky road gets smoother as you get to understand what needs to be done. Easy to say but true just the same. Please don't rely only on the educators and nurses. Read lots, learn and above all take personal control and you'll be OK. There is also a dedicated section for Type 1'ers here.

Good luck,
Glenn

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum, you are not alone and in a great place for support and advice. Do post a hello in the type 1 section of the forum. Some fab helpful members there.

Just a note that as the majority of newly diagnosed are type 2, sometimes posts like yours may get missed if they don't have an obvious type 1 tittle.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I too am also type 2 but would like to welcome you. I can sympathise though as my father was type 1 but he never complained about his lot in life. He just went on with it because he realised there were others out there that had it worse (ex children with cancer ...). Perspective is everything. You will find this forum to be quite friendly and helpful and I'm sure someone will come along and provide you with inspiration.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi there and welcome to the forum. There are many experienced and knowledgeable members with Type 1 here and someone will be along soon to offer support and advice. You may be feeling alone right now but here you find those who know exactly what it feels like to be where you are. Best wishes and a hug.