Newly diagnosed

Emma2002

I was diagnosed last week as having type 1 i got out of hospital on thursday but got a sore hip is this usual just looking for advice thanks

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I was diagnosed last week as having type 1 i got out of hospital on thursday but got a sore hip is this usual just looking for advice thanks

Welcome to the forums.

I doubt that your sore hip is related to diabetes but get it checked out if you don't feel better in a few days.

I see you have posted elsewhere about having a high level of support but you can also find some good starter information by clicking on the links in any moderator's signature. (Turn your phone sideways to reveal signature panels. )

Reactions: Emma2002

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't link them, could just be as simple as you've been lying awkwardly on it, I woke with things like that long before I became type 1, I'd give it a few days then go and see about it if its no better unless your unable to put any weight on it in which case you could pop to your local a&e or miu if your lucky enough to have one

Dave Wilde

I also had sore joints having only recently come out of hospital with a severe DKA due to undiagnosed type 1 diabetes. My diabetic care team told me this wasn’t unusual due to the high BS. I also have very blurry vision

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also had sore joints having only recently come out of hospital with a severe DKA due to undiagnosed type 1 diabetes. My diabetic care team told me this wasn’t unusual due to the high BS. I also have very blurry vision
How long have you been diagnosed? Have you been to the opticians about your vision?
xx

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry but from personal experience I'd suggest you maybe both get your eyes looked at, I was extremely unlucky to be diagnosed with diabetic macular oedema a few weeks after I was diagnosed type 1 and I required urgent eyelea treatment to stop it progressing (eye injections) o was booked in for my first 2 sessions before Christmas and i was diagnosed the beginning of November so its just something to be very careful with as I say I was extremely unlucky but it has installed something in me about other newly diagnosed people x