Newly diagnosed

Raf1209

Hi I’ve been recently diagnosed with Type 1/ LADA. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope during tough times or even simple things like cutting down on snacks lol. Any help would be amazing

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’ve been recently diagnosed with Type 1/ LADA. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope during tough times or even simple things like cutting down on snacks lol. Any help would be amazing

Hi @Raf1209 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Tell us a little more about your prescribed medication regime?
Snacking; what choice do you normally go for. There maybe alternatives?

LADA; I'll tag in @Antje77 :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Raf1209
Your profile says you are 16, so “straightforward” T1 seems more likely- why are they saying LADA?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, and welcome to the forum, @Raf1209 .
Are you on insulin already?
I found it easier to choose different snacks rather than cut down on snacking. Of course I can inject for dorito's, sandwiches or sweets, but I find it hard to get the dose right, so I usually opt for things like cheese, meats, pork scratchings, olives now.

Raf1209

Hello, and welcome to the forum, @Raf1209 .
Are you on insulin already?
I found it easier to choose different snacks rather than cut down on snacking. Of course I can inject for dorito's, sandwiches or sweets, but I find it hard to get the dose right, so I usually opt for things like cheese, meats, pork scratchings, olives now.

Thank you and yes I am on night time insulin as I’m in the honeymoon phase currently so i dont need to inject after every meal

Raf1209

Hi @Raf1209 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Tell us a little more about your prescribed medication regime?
Snacking; what choice do you normally go for. There maybe alternatives?

LADA; I'll tag in @Antje77 :)

Thank you :) I am currently testing 5 times a day and on night time insulin because i am still producing little insulin.

For snacks i tend to have some crackers or a cheeky chocolate bar here and there.

Do you usually find you get hungrier more often than before? Or is it just me

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too myself do love a snack. To stop myself from snacking so often I have 4 meals a day!! Obviously the 4th meal isn’t massive but I will have it when I get home from school and it stops me from snacking without insulin :)