Newly Diagnosed

amediblas

newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Im a nervous wreck all the time. What should I eat not eat. These medications scare me because I keep hearing how dangerous they are and that ill land up on dialysis eventually.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Im a nervous wreck all the time. What should I eat not eat. These medications scare me because I keep hearing how dangerous they are and that ill land up on dialysis eventually.

Hi and welcome!

What medications are you taking for diabetes? That will affect the answers you get.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
been prescriped insulin so am waiting for my prescription
What type of insulin? Just one type or two types? Have you been given a set dose or will you adjust for each meal?

Sorry for all the questions, but it will help you get better information.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome @amediblas

As @Goonergal said the specific advice does vary depending on what medication you are on and what your levels are showing.

However, to take a step back, when diagnoses it is totally normal to feel overwhelmed and stressed and anxious. If you are like me also a huge feeling of self pity is in the mix too.

It's a lot to take in but you have found a great resource in this site. It will take time but read around, ask questions and you will start feeling a bit more in control.

Good luck and welcome :)

Reactions: Goonergal