1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Next 2.4 metre

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by blueeyed81, Mar 4, 2017.

1. blueeyed81

blueeyed81 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Is anyone having issues with their metre. I often have to reinsert a strip before my metre comes to life and it often takes 2/3 attempts to send the result to my pump.

Is this something worth putting up with or mentioning it at my pump follow up appointment on Monday with the next medtronic rep ??

Kelly

• Like Like x 1
  2. CapnGrumpy

CapnGrumpy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. blueeyed81

4. blueeyed81

They're not open on weekends :/. I'll call first thing Monday if I remember lol. Brain fog isn't the best thing to have lol.

5. KezG

KezG Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@blueeyed81 I have the same trouble with my Glucomen LX meter.. It does work but as you say.. I often need to reinsert the test strip. I have another unit a Contour Next One, but I need to buy more strips before I can start using it. If yours was provided by your HCP, they may well replace it for you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. blueeyed81

Thank you, I got it with my pump :). I'll see what they say in the morning at my appointment :)

7. rockape37

rockape37 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm certain in my case its down to not putting it in properly. It only happens the once though. I have 2 meters one of which i bought just incase i shall take note of the meter it happens with should it be just one of them.

Regards

Martin

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook