NHS Scotland Diabetes On-line Records Service

L

Luna21

Yaay, success at last!

Today I got my password, and managed to access the site. The registration process took forever as my GP Practice hadn't even heard of it, so wanted to look into it before sending off my application.

The site itself is fine, once you gain access - I found it truly frustrating to try and actually get into the site - I seemed to be going around in circles at one point! :crazy:

All my details seem to be there, and up-to-date, so very pleased with that. :thumbup:

38aqua15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure where to post this - maybe a moderator could pick it up and put it in the approriate place on the site.

Scottish diabetics have access to a service called "My Diabetes*My Way". I've just recieved my logon and password in the last couple of days.

As well as having the usual links to NHS advice, videos and the like, and maybe some new stuff, this site allows you to view a limited selection of your medical records on line, including:

* Weight as recorded in your surgery (mine gotes back to 2000) and BMI
* HbA1c results (as I'm only diagnosed this year, I've only got two entries so far)
* Blood Pressure as recorded in surgery (mine goes back to 2000)
* Total cholesterol (not LDL, HDL, etc) (again from year 2000)
* Creatinine levels
* Eye and foot screening results
* Medication history (mine goes back to 2002)

It is supposed to be updated at more or less the same time as your doctor gets the results but I got a phone call last night from the surgery and those results haven't appeared yet. Hopefully they'll arrive in a day or so.

It's supplied through the Scottish Governments Citizen's Portal (Onescotland) so setting up access takes time and it's a bit clunky, although there are some simple graphs.

Your GP does not need to give permission for you to gain access but does have to confirm your identity before your account can be set up.

Information at http://www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk/

Unfortunately I think they'll only deal with Scottish patients as our data is held on different databases, etc (and presumably for funding issues) but there may be an English, Welsh or Irish equivelant in the works.

Thanks for this information. Joined up today. Interesting seeing all the information together in graph form. I wasn't aware of the website until you posted the information - thanks