NHS Scotland upping the game

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi all, just got a letter from my doctors telling me of a new website www.mydiabetesmyway.Scot.nhs.UK. it will give me all my diabetes records, graphs with results, you can record all your BG testing results, etc. You can ask questions & get feedback. I'm quite excited & will let you know later if it's as good as it sounds!

Reactions: kimrooney89

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, just got a letter from my doctors telling me of a new website www.mydiabetesmyway.Scot.nhs.UK. it will give me all my diabetes records, graphs with results, you can record all your BG testing results, etc. You can ask questions & get feedback. I'm quite excited & will let you know later if it's as good as it sounds!
It's quite a handy site. The layout, presentation and over all look of the site is awful though. Those running the site are pretty hopeless as well. They never responded to my recommendations for improving the site, so I've since deemed those involved with the running of the site utterly incompetent:) Good manners are hard to come by these days...

It does exactly what you'd expect though, it gives you your data and allows you to track your progress; albeit through a very dated and unattractive interface.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I use this as well but agree with GrantGam as regards presentation etc. It is very good though for retrieving your blood test results etc. Far easier than going through the doctors' receptionists who don't seem to have a clue what they are telling you or giving you only half the info you require.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using this site for a few months now and whilst it is not user friendly it is great to be able to see all your records on there, not just BS

To be fair as a rule Scotland as a rule has its finger on the pulse with regards to innovation, free prescriptions, extra funding for diabetics, we led the way in banning smoking from pubs etc

Reactions: Soplewis12

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using this site for a couple of years now. It's through MDMW that I have discovered, on more than one occasion, that my cholesterol hasn't been checked at my annual review. I was hopping mad! This year, after going back to the Diabetes Centre to have yet another blood sample taken, MDMW showed that only my total cholesterol and my triglycerides were checked . . . No wonder my blood pressure is always raised at the diabetic clinic!

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The nitpicking about the site is imo unhelpful. I am sure they must have had a number of improvements suggested to them and the site probably reflects the layout of the records. I find it it really useful and thumbs up to them.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dont get me wrong the site is useful especially when you manage to navigate your way around it. I cannot see why a university in England would not be able to set up something similar

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It's quite a handy site. The layout, presentation and over all look of the site is awful though. Those running the site are pretty hopeless as well. They never responded to my recommendations for improving the site, so I've since deemed those involved with the running of the site utterly incompetent:) Good manners are hard to come by these days...

It does exactly what you'd expect though, it gives you your data and allows you to track your progress; albeit through a very dated and unattractive interface.
I agree the website is very unattractive. I have found that making suggestions to webmasters doesn't yield results in my experience and yes they don't reply.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One suggestion of mine was that they alter their eGFR threshold to >90 to be in line with NHS England & Wales. IMO, >60 is an almost irrelevant indication of health, as there are multiple stages of kidney impairment above this level...

The above is merely one of many suggestions I have made to improve the site and its general capabilities. Unfortunately, it has been in vain and fallen on deaf ears. Shame really, considering that the tax payer is contributing towards a system that is simply sub-par.