Nicotine and blood sugar/hba1c results

Agada

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. Has anyone ever noticed if nicotine has effected your blood sugar and/or hba1c results? The reason I ask is because even though my latest hba1c did come back normal, I would like to get it even lower. I feel my diet, weight and exercise regime are good and can’t really improve much more (without taking away the odd treat and going insane!), but I do “chain vape” 3mg nicotine throughout the day, all day every day. I'm trying to wean off it and have lowered the consumption this week but I just wondered if this constant vaping of nicotine could also affect your blood sugar and hba1c result?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It doesn't seem to affect me, I need the same amount of insulin on days when I smoke a lot as on days I smoke little. (not the same amount of insulin every day but the amount doesn't seem to be affected by smoking)
On the other hand, I can't compare with non smoking days, as they don't exist, so I can't be sure.
I think if there would be an effect it would be directly after smoking, like with food, so I would expect that to be visible on the graph from my Freestyle Libre. It isn't.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Agada I used to vape a lot, ie cloud chasing! Never noticed any difference at all with my bgs while vaping

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my hba1c's have been good and I smoked for the first year then switched to vaping xx