Night time hypos

Fayesiec_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello
I was diagnosed a year ago with Type 1. I’m 46.
I’ve been using the freestyle libre flash monitor for 3 mths now and it’s showing that I’m having a lot of hypos over night. But- they don’t wake me up. When I scan my monitor first thing in the morning it shows me a chart of what my glucose has done overnight.
I’ve started to reduce my nightly dose of insulin, even popped a couple of jelly babies before bedtime. Not making a difference.
Any one else have this problem?
I know when it’s been a problem because I’m very tired and lethargic the next day even though I’ve slept through.
Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes I get 'hypos' at night with the Libre, where the line plummets into the red zone.
But they aren't really hypos. They seem to be where I am lying on that arm, and the sensor is being squashed, giving a false reading.

Obviously, I can't tell whether your hypos are real or not, but if you are getting low readings only when you are lying in a certain postition, then that may be what is happening.

When I have a real hypo at night, the graph curve usually looks different, and more like a daytime hypo.