Nightmare PRP eye laser surgery - has anyone else had it?

woody65

Hi, sorry to say it but I am really worried about prp. Had annual diabetic screening which found a severe clot behind eye. Emergency treatment first session, bearable. Second session with a different consultant, opening line was did Mr X explain about treatment, yes, did he mention it gets worse with each session, no...and he was right, it did get worse. Third session second consultant went sick, young lady stand in, think it was her first attempt as she left the light on and every time she went to press the buttons there was a sharp intake of breath, it was horrendous and now I am really doubtful if I can return for more. By the way I did ask the second consultant what happens if this does not work and he replied, we shall have more lazer treatment and if that doesn't work surgery. I may add over the years I have had a lot of focus lazer treatment but this was nothing compared to more recent treatment. May I ask, and I know people are a lot braver than I, has anyone refused to continue with the treatment?

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You might be best advised to start a fresh thread as this one is so old. My only advise based on experience is to take plenty of paracetamol and ibuprofen beforehand as it doesxinduce a severe headache as you get into a heavy laser session. Good personal motivation to get my BGs under control to avoid coming back in future years!