1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Nightmare PRP eye laser surgery - has anyone else had it?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Herbie72, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Fallenstar

Fallenstar · Well-Known Member

Re: Nightmare PRP eye laser surgery - has anyone else had it

Glad it was better this time around Herbie :)

2. Herbie72

Herbie72 · Well-Known Member

Re: Nightmare PRP eye laser surgery - has anyone else had it

3. woody65

woody65 · Member

Hi, sorry to say it but I am really worried about prp. Had annual diabetic screening which found a severe clot behind eye. Emergency treatment first session, bearable. Second session with a different consultant, opening line was did Mr X explain about treatment, yes, did he mention it gets worse with each session, no...and he was right, it did get worse. Third session second consultant went sick, young lady stand in, think it was her first attempt as she left the light on and every time she went to press the buttons there was a sharp intake of breath, it was horrendous and now I am really doubtful if I can return for more. By the way I did ask the second consultant what happens if this does not work and he replied, we shall have more lazer treatment and if that doesn't work surgery. I may add over the years I have had a lot of focus lazer treatment but this was nothing compared to more recent treatment. May I ask, and I know people are a lot braver than I, has anyone refused to continue with the treatment?

4. steve_p6

steve_p6 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You might be best advised to start a fresh thread as this one is so old. My only advise based on experience is to take plenty of paracetamol and ibuprofen beforehand as it doesxinduce a severe headache as you get into a heavy laser session. Good personal motivation to get my BGs under control to avoid coming back in future years!

5. woody65

woody65 · Member

Point taken Steve, thanks

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook