Nights

sparkyfarm

Can anyone tell me what they take to eat when they are on night duties at work. I used to take a sandwich, pork pie, can of pop and some chocolate to keep me going. I am thinking of cooked chicken, can of pop and need some inspiration.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/url

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
chicken is good or maybe make ur own little meatballs add what spices you like i use turkey mince. pork scactings, cheese strings, or if u have time make mini quiches in microwave so easy and tasty to .. good luck xx

Reactions: 2 people

sparkyfarm

Do people still eat high carb things and keep it within their daily carb allowance, my thinking is that two slices of bread are 34g so I could have a ham sandwich or do you just steer clear of all high carb foods?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/url

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I take things like Babybels or cubes of cheddar, Activia yoghurt, greek yoghurt and a few blueberries, cuppa soup, baby tomatoes, or macadamia nuts or chorizo with some philadelphia.
I have an active job and find that when I need an energy boost an Alpro strawberry milk carton or a small banana works just fine.

Harpar

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would be inclined to test your BGs and see what 2 slices of bread do to you, before you go down that road. Chicken and salad sounds good to me.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have a recipe for fajita seasoning. I cook about 10 chicken drumsticks with a sprinkling of the seasoning on. Its lightly spicy and they wrap well in foil to take to work. I store them in the fridge to help myself to when I'm peckish.
Cant you take boiled eggs, cheese etc. I avoid high carb stuff, you cant eat high fat and high carbs and expect to sort out your BS levels.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
If eating something high carb within daily limit why not make that something more nutritious like vegetables or berries rather than bread and make your own low carb bread.