No carb foods

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
. The sweetener in Quest bars is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isomaltooligosaccharide
I think people might be interested in the results from this group of low carbing diabetics ( personally, I wouldn't myself put the blame on 'fibre' per se so much as this manufactured product ingredient. I think it is very different when it is found in it's natural form as part of a plant structure There is a lot of inulin ie the natural form of this fibre in endives , Jerusalem artichokes and radicchio 'lettuce')
There is a follow up to the video with an interview with the manufacturer here:
:http://www.meandmydiabetes.com/2012...-and-blood-sugar-quest-protein-bar-interview/

Last edited by a moderator:

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's only about 7g of digestible carbs in 100g of walnuts - 100g is a lot to eat in one go, too - so a snack on 30g (roughly a handful) is only about 2g carbs and 200 calories. Tuna is carb-free as are most other canned fish (but not the ones with sauces).

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's only about 7g of digestible carbs in 100g of walnuts - 100g is a lot to eat in one go, too - so a snack on 30g (roughly a handful) is only about 2g carbs and 200 calories. Tuna is carb-free as are most other canned fish (but not the ones with sauces).
Nice if you like walnut, yukky!!!
This thread is handy for newbies to give a better idea of what's good. Plus the veterans may find things they haven't had before.

colsan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're welcome. They're also great with Bolognese etc. I bought a pack of 20 from Groupon for £29.99, one pack serves 2 ( unless you have huge portions) so very reasonable.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I finally got around to getting some of these and had bare naked rice in a nice hot chilli last night. They smell a bit weird before cooking but tasted fine and a brilliant way to have the bulk of rice in a meal without the carbs. Thanks again for the link :)

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Must say I do wonder what the rice has had to go through to become the way it is in Bare Naked Rice...