No insulin today

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
I have reduced my insulin from 60 units twice a day to 20 units twice a day since the beginning of January. When I had my hba1c results about 5 weeks ago I was at 37 so under the diabetic range. I watched a couple of videos last night of Dr Jason fung which made me decide to try not using insulin. I have eaten pretty much the same as I have been doing since early January and my bs haven't been higher than 6.7 so I'm feeling pretty optimistic. I'm hoping that not using insulin will help me to lose weight too.

Reactions: rom35

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
wow.... well done. Hope it works out well for you

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have reduced my insulin from 60 units twice a day to 20 units twice a day since the beginning of January. When I had my hba1c results about 5 weeks ago I was at 37 so under the diabetic range. I watched a couple of videos last night of Dr Jason fung which made me decide to try not using insulin. I have eaten pretty much the same as I have been doing since early January and my bs haven't been higher than 6.7 so I'm feeling pretty optimistic. I'm hoping that not using insulin will help me to lose weight too.

Ooooh. Sounds encouraging for you. Please do make sure you are still testing a lot, to ensure your numbers aren't rising to levels you need to be avoiding.