1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

No lidl high protein rolls

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by berylc, Apr 24, 2018.

1. berylc

berylc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was told in-store that lidl had stopped making their high protein rolls, so what else can I eat? None left in my freezer :(
    I have a Lidl, Co-op and Tesco locally. Plus a local bakery or two.

2. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There have been numerous threads about this, a search should provide you with lots of answers.

3. wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @berylc I to have been eating Lidl's rolls for 3 years but I have had to change to Bergen bread which is Ok for me,each slice is 11 carbs but I only have 4 slices each day on my daily carb rate of 80 carbs:)

4. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just to note that my local Lidl is still baking protein rolls.

I had stopped buying them because my indoor and outdoor freezer were full, but I saw a Beko freezer advertised on Freegle and picked it up yesterday.

So the purchasing frenzy will continue until this one is full or Lidl run out of rolls.

36 in the new freezer (over half from the other outside freezer to make a bit of space). The inside freezer part of the fridge freezer is almost full of rolls. I think I have a small bag of peas in there as well. I moved everything else to the outdoor freezer.

I haven't counted the indoor ones (resisting the temptation) but even if I get up to 180 frozen rolls that is only 6 months supply at one a day.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook